Congratulations on finally taking the plunge and finding yourself a one-bedroom apartment! The exciting part will now be outfitting it. It’s time to bid your passed-down futon farewell and welcome a real, adult living place.
However, you might be wondering, “How much is all of this going to cost before you start adding products to your cart?” Don’t worry, my friend! You can transform your vacant flat into a stylish and useful home without breaking the budget with a little planning and savvy buying.
The Living Room
The living room is the focal point of your house and is what guests see when they enter. You want it to be cozy, welcoming, and most importantly, reasonably priced. What you’ll need is as follows:
- Couch: You don’t have to pay a fortune to get a good couch; they can cost anywhere from $500 to $1500. Search for discounts and think about purchasing a secondhand couch that is in good shape. A smaller loveseat is another option that will be less expensive and still offer comfortable seating.
- Coffee table: You can purchase a coffee table for as low as $50, and they are a must-have for any living space. Consider creating your own with pallets or other materials if you’re feeling crafty.
- Rug: A rug can give your living area a bit of warmth and texture. A high-quality rug can be purchased for less than $100.
- Lighting: Establishing a pleasant ambiance requires good lighting. For less than $50, you may get a floor light, or you can choose a table lamp for a more conventional appearance.
- Decor: Add some finishing touches to your living space with wall art, curtains, and toss pillows. You can spend as much or as little money on these things as you like because they are available at different pricing points.
Your bedroom should be a peaceful, comfortable retreat that is also reasonably priced. What you’ll need is as follows:
- Bed: The most crucial piece of furniture in your bedroom is your bed, and getting a good one doesn’t have to cost a fortune. You can choose between a more opulent king-sized bed for around $1000 and a twin-sized bed for under $200.
- Dresser: You can purchase a dresser for as little as $50. They are a need for any bedroom.
- Nightstand: A nightstand is a practical spot to keep your nighttime necessities, such as a glass of water and your phone. Simple nightstands are available for less than $50.
- Lighting: The bedroom also has to have good lighting. Think about a bedroom table lamp, which can be purchased for less than $30.
- Decor: Add some decorative pieces, such as a wall hanging, a plant, or a plush throw blanket, to give your bedroom some flair.
Your kitchen should be both practical and fashionable because this is where you’ll be cooking, eating, and entertaining. What you’ll need is as follows:
- Table and chairs: You may find a modest kitchen table and chairs for less than $200.
- Cookware: Pots and pans are included in a basic set of cookware that costs less than $100.
- Utensils: A collection of kitchenware
One-bedroom apartment furnishing can seem like a difficult endeavor, but with some research and wise shopping, you can make a fashionable and useful home without going over budget.
The goal is to place an emphasis on quality and pick products that will last for years to come, whether you choose a sumptuous king-sized bed or a straightforward coffee table. Therefore, don’t be scared to use your imagination and have fun when decorating. It’s your house after all, so it should showcase your preferences for style and furnishings. Happy decorating!